Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Steal From The Best Contest" -- Short Stories Only!

Hazel Street Productions has chosen some of their favorite lines from some of their favorite movies for their "Steal From the Best Contest." Each submission must contain one of the seven phrases listed below. Choose one per submission.
  1. "I didn't know the meaning of fear until I kissed Becky."
  2. "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh ... everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"
  3. "Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are ... "
  4. "Murderers are the best, I think; they're so polite."
  5. "Just forget you ever saw it. It's better that way."
  6. "I'm going to rest my eyes for a moment. But go on. I am listening ... "
  7. "I hate it when someone gives away the ending."
Each submission must be between 800 and 2500 words long. Entry fees are $10 per up to 2 submissions per person, and $15 for 3 to 5 submissions per person, and the deadline is March 15, 2008.
  • 1st Place: $750
  • 2nd Place: $150
  • 3rd Place: $75
  • 4th Place: $25
In addition, the top winning entries will be published at www.hazelst.com. If this contest receives enough entries, each and every winning entry will also be published in an anthology. So make sure you share this info with other writer friends! All winners will receive 2 copies of the anthology. Please go to their website to see the rest of their contest rules & guidelines.

No comments: