- Nonfiction: We seek essay, memoir, and commentary told as compelling, focused, sustained narrative in a distinctive voice, rich with detail.
- Fiction: We’re looking for to hard-to-put-down shorties under 500 words and lengthier shorts up to 4,000 words–lively, vivid, excellent literary fiction.
- Poetry: Please submit 3-5 poems that will surprise us, wow us, and make us wish we’d written them ourselves.
- Book Reviews: We welcome queries to review new and recent books. We are especially interested in authors and works that are connected in some way to the Los Angeles or Southern California regions.
- Translations: Please submit 3-5 translated pieces that open the writer’s original vision to an English-speaking audience; the writing may include poetry, novel excerpts, short stories, essays or interviews.
Full guidelines are available at www.losangelesreview.org.